The world’s most popular AMAZON marketplace has been open to shopping for residents of the entire planet since 1996. This article focuses on shopping and user experiences in this e-commerce giant, which many simply call the Amazon Store.
What is Amazon?
- Amazon is an online marketplace operating since 1996.
- Headquarters – in Seattle.
- The number of customers is 390 million. For comparison, 180 million on Ebay and about the same on Aliexpress.
- Amazon is a public American company, a leader in the global market for e-commerce platforms.
- Founder and CEO: Jeff Bezos
- Company turnover: over $ 200 billion
- География продаж: весь мир.
- Main global competitors: Ebay и Aliexpress.
- Amazon official website — amazon.com
What categories of products does Amazon sell?
Amazon has 33 product categories, the main of which are:
- Clothing, shoes, and jewelry – there are over 33.4 million items in the Amazon catalog.
- Tools and household goods – over 11 million
- Products for the kitchen.
- Electronics, Books and Services.
What is Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime is a program aimed at expedited delivery of your purchases. This is one of the best services from Amazon, because the subscribers of this program get great benefits. For its part, there are three shipping options with Amazon:
- Free Shipping – Amazon free shipping, which is available for orders over $ 49. Delivery time up to 10 days.
- Paid – delivery up to 5 days and depends on the seller of the goods.
- Amazon Prime – Delivery up to two days in the United States.
You can read more about Amazon Prime on the official Amazon website.
Amazon for sellers:
AmAmazon is a platform that allows you to sell products to hundreds of thousands of sellers from around the world. Everyone can try to sell their products. Amazon is an excellent resource for scaling up a business abroad and an effective channel for developing new markets.
You can read on the official website at the link.
Amazon for buyers:
We first learned about this Internet giant back in 2008, and for many years now we periodically order products for Amazon. There are some features, but we will talk about them later.
What is the main geography of the company?
In many countries, Amazon has a physical presence, and in many countries, the company has managed to become a leader. A physical or local presence is the presence of a logistics center, customer support service and the entire chain of business processes similar to the United States and ordinary local online stores for us.
List of Amazon local presence countries:
Amazon is quite actively gaining momentum among European residents and customers in Eastern Europe and the CIS. For example, Amazon.de (Germany), Amazon.es (Spain), Amazon.co.uk (UK) sites are visited by a total of <1 billion Internet users per month.
According to Similarweb statistics for 12 months – visiting the retailer’s main site from such countries:
As you can see, Amazon is a leader, with Ebey and Aliexpress at roughly the same level. We want to note that on average 39% of all visits are mobile devices, which indicates a global trend in purchases from these devices. At the same time, on Aliexpress, users more often view products pages.
What language versions are available on Amazon?
There are 8 language versions available on Amazon:
- English – EN
- Español – ES – Traducción
- 简体中文 – ZH – 翻译
- Deutsch – DE – Übersetzung
- Português – PT – Tradução
- 繁體中文 – ZH – 譯本
- 한국어 – KO – 번역
- עברית – HE – תרגום
How to buy on Amazon?
Register (provide a name, email address and password), and activate your account using the password (OTP) that comes in the mail.
After successful registration, you can start shopping:
If you are not a beginner and at least once bought in foreign online stores, the ordering process is no different from other stores. Given that Amazon is a pioneer, the main features that are available on Amazon are on many sites where you shop:
And yet – you should always remember about customs duties, some parcels in many countries are taxed.
In future releases, we’ll tell you more about all the shopping, selling, and Black Friday features on Amazon.
We wish you a happy shopping on Amazon and maximum emotions!